Following a period of growth, we are looking for Assistant Drillers to join our team delivering work to clients throughout the UK.
You will work alongside an experienced Lead Driller, forming a crew to operate rotary and/or cable percussion (shell & auger) drilling rigs.
Work will be undertaken in all weathers – in the warm summers, cold winters, rain and everything in between. Early starts will be required.
Sites are located across the country and you will be required to stay away from home. Works are mostly undertaken Monday to Friday with the requirement for occasional weekend works.
We are looking for candidates from the North West/Yorkshire or Scottish central belt areas, to crew up with Lead Drillers who live in these areas. The company provide a vehicle for the crew to travel in.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Set-up of safe working area, including heras fencing, track matting etc.
- Maintenance of work area, clearing spoil, slurry and waste materials
- Excavation of service inspection pits, using safe digging practices.
- Assist driller to locate rig onto borehole position and rigging / de-rigging of drilling rig
- Loading / unloading of tooling and casing onto drill string.
- Assist driller in collecting and correct labelling of samples
- Clean, maintain and correct storage of casing, tooling, rods for use
- Assist with the backfill, grout or installation of monitoring equipment into borehole.
- Maintain and organise tools, fuel and equipment in preparation for shift / next shift
- Refuelling of plant, checking of oil and water levels
- Reinstatement of working areas, placing of permanent head works and fencing
- Ensure all practicable measures are taken to prevent damage to borehole location and access route, on completion of works ensure installation head works, protective fencing and reinstatement is undertaken.
- To be able work to a defined health and safety management system and understand what is required from themselves as well as other colleagues
- Undertake daily pre-start and maintenance checks on assigned plant, vehicle and equipment and record for submission to plant department.
- Any other reasonable additional tasks to ensure the safe and effective progression of site works
In return, we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, which includes pension, holidays, life assurance, accident cover and flexible benefits such as an Employee Assistance Programme, and discounted Gym Membership.
We also offer training and development opportunities.
The role is based on construction sites throughout the UK, so a willingness to travel and work away from home is essential, along with a full UK Driving Licence.
It is essential that Candidates have an a valid CSCS card (minimum site labour green card).
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent