Cable Percussive Lead Driller
Following a period of growth, we are looking for experienced Cable Percussion (Shell & Auger) Drillers to join our team, delivering work to clients throughout the UK.
The role is predominately based in the South of England working with our GI team based in Camberley. The role will involve working/lodging away from home. The role may also include travel to other sites within the UK depending on workload and project requirements.
You are required to manage the safe and efficient operation of a Cable Percussion drilling rig and associated activities, including to supervise, assist and direct the Assistant Driller in undertaking their duties, whilst maintaining full responsibility for the rig and work area.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Establishment of safe work site.
- Competent operation of a CP drilling rig, including pre start check and essential maintenance.
- Drilling, sampling and testing of borehole inline with specified drilling instructions.
- Boring by telescoping multiple strings of casing in diameters up to 12”.
- Undertaking and setting up insitu testing equipment such as;
- Standard Penetration Testing (SPT)
- Variable head testing (falling / rising head)
- Maintaining detailed records of works and testing undertaken using KeyLog Book system.
- Installation of monitoring equipment (Standpipes, Piezometers, Inclinometers etc).
- Mixing and placement of liquid grout to seal and backfill boreholes
- Installation of headworks and fencing.
- Working effectively and efficiently to complete works safely and on programme
- Work safely in varying site conditions ranging from open fields, highways, railways, airports to contaminated and sites, to a defined health and safety management system.
Candidates must have as a minimum:
• NVQ Level 2 in Land Drilling
• CSCS card
• Full UK Driving License with towing endorsement (Category B+E)
Job will involve frequent travel to sites throughout the UK, and will involve working/lodging away from home.
In return, we offer a competitive rates of pay and benefits package, which includes life assurance, accident cover and flexible benefits such as an Employee Assistance Programme, and discounted Gym Membership.
We also offer training and development opportunities.
Soil Engineering is committed to equal opportunities in employment with the aim of ensuring that everyone who applies to work for us receives fair treatment. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief and pregnancy/maternity.