Soil Engineering are a long established leader in the UK Geotechnical Sector. Delivering both Ground Investigation and Drill and Grout services from three bases across the country, we are capable of undertaking a wide range of investigative and remediation techniques.
Supporting our Ground Investigation business, we maintain one of the country’s largest single site Geotechnical Laboratories, UKAS accredited for over 40 test disciplines, which undertakes testing for internal and external projects. The laboratory also maintains our In-Situ testing capability, including CBR and Plate Bearing tests.
Soil Engineering’s greatest resource is our people. Specialists in their field, benefitting from extensive training, expert support, and long term career development through delivering excellent projects for our clients, our people are at the heart of everything we do.
With cultural training and development through our HomeSafe +People programme, support from our in-house Safety, Training and HR departments, and through a tradition of meeting ambition with opportunity, our people bring the best out of each other through working in specialist teams supported by highly experienced Managers.
Following a period of growth, we are looking for experienced General Operatives who are proactive, motivated and enthusiastic, to join our Drilling and Grouting Operations team, delivering work to clients throughout the UK.
As part of a Grouting crew, you will work on construction sites across the UK, undertaking physically demanding work in all weathers.
In return for your expertise, and enthusiasm, we offer a competitive remuneration package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A Comprehensive Wellbeing Programme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Employee Perks (Discount programme)
You will carry out an operational role on site, including rig/crane banksman and concrete pump operator, for the site management team and for clients organisational requirements, whilst achieving excellence in safety and quality, in compliant with the business management system.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Operate equipment and plant in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and the business procedures/method statement.
- Provide instructions and hand signals to the rig/crane operator to allow the rig/crane to be manoeuvred safely.
- Carry out heavy physical tasks, using tools to rig/de-rig and maintain rig/crane in accordance with organisational and manufacturers requirements.
- Park, secure and make safe plant and equipment after use.
- Ensure compliance with business procedures.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment inspections are carried out routinely in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Identify operational hazards, report and record them appropriately
- To be able to work safely in varying site conditions ranging from open fields, highways, railways, airports to contaminated and sites, to a defined health and safety management system.
It is essential that Candidates have:
- A Valid CSCS card
- Safety Awareness Training
- Full UK Driving Licence
Previous work experience within the construction Industry is desirable.
Experience of living and working away from home would be an advantage. Must be willing to learn and be flexible in terms of work and location.
For Health & Safety reasons and site requirements applicants must be aged 18 years or above.
The job will involve frequent travel to sites throughout the UK, and will involve working/lodging away from home.
A project we were involved with for a decade. That shaped the careers of everyone who worked on it. Ground investig… https://t.co/A8Opkfzdnr