Geotechnical Estimator (Specialist Grouting)
We are looking for an Estimator with a Geotechnical Engineering background, to join our busy Team in assisting our clients to add value to their projects, supporting the timely return of competitive proposals, and continuing to build our networks with clients, subcontractors and contacts, to allow a pipeline of achievable and profitable work to be secured for the company.
Key Tasks –
- Build relationships with key clients and customers, to facilitate growth in the specialist grouting markets in the UK.
- Review information received from clients and assess requirements for further information to be able to supply a coherent bid. Challenge specification requirements where needed.
- Understand tender return requirements and liaise with other departments to complete and return them to the highest standard possible and within the timescale required.
- Look for opportunities to add value to all tenders and innovative solutions for clients.
- Undertake site visits.
- Discuss contract requirements with clients and provide alternative proposals where they are possible.
- Price tenders in line with the business strategy and pipeline requirements.
- Assist with the production of bid documentation including methodologies and risk assessments.
- Complete the required internal pricing documents and follow sign off procedures dependent on contract risk and value.
- Ensure communication with clients throughout the bid process and manage their expectations.
- Where appropriate undertake basic design duties – in line with relevant Standards and Industry best practice.
- Ensure a full understanding of the project specific risks and opportunities is confirmed.
- Undertake tender hand-overs with internal commercial and operational teams as required
- Maintain databases used in the estimating department.
Knowledge and experience required –
- Proven experience working as an Estimator within the Geotechnical/Ground Engineering industry.
- Degree qualified in geology or related subject.
- Understanding of key standard forms of contract (ICC, ICE, NEC) and specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the main Ground Engineering Processes, Techniques and Plant.
- Experienced user of excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Good inter-personal skills and communication.
- Eye for detail but also able to assimilate large quantities of information in short time periods.
- Self-motivated and high achieving.
- Experience of working in high-demand roles and working to deadlines.
- CSCS qualified.
- Able to work in a team or alone.
- Full UK driving license.
A bright welcome back from all of us as we head into 2021, with the runner up (Left, by Clark Lawson) and winner (R… https://t.co/TbiwnUqKZE