We are expanding our busy Operations team, and are looking for Site-Based Monitoring Technicians to join us, working on projects within the field of Site Investigation and ground stabilisation engineering.
This is an exciting opportunity, and may be suitable for newly qualified HNC/D candidates, who have a basic understanding of UK geology and are looking for the opportunity to increase knowledge and responsibility, within a friendly and ambitious environment.
You will work on site, assisting site teams.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Providing technical assistance to the site-based Project Team
- Automatic/Manual Data Acquisition – ensuring that equipment operation and maintenance comply with design specifications, instrument installation and configuration, and systems maintenance and development
- Organise and establish control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of materials and systems
- On-site monitoring of conditions, including noise and vibration
- Accountable for ensuring quality, accuracy and precision of results and calibration of monitoring equipment
You should be well organised and relatively independent and have a strong focus on problem solving. The successful candidate will be flexible and keen to take a pro-active role in all aspects of the company operations and development.
You will have good IT skills, attention to detail and the ability to work both as part of a team and alone.
Excellent communication skills are a must, along with ensuring good client relations, as you will be managing clients, engineers and subcontractors.
In addition to the above, you will need a HNC/D level qualification in civil engineering, or equivalent, with an appreciation and understanding of Site Operations and ideally be in possession of a full clean UK driving licence.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, and flexible benefits such as additional holiday purchase.
We also offer training and development opportunities.
The role is based on construction sites throughout the UK, so a willingness to travel and work away from home is essential, along with a full UK Driving Licence.