Soil Engineering are a long established leader in the UK Geotechnical Sector. Delivering both Ground Investigation and Drill and Grout services from three bases across the country, we are capable of undertaking a wide range of investigative and remediation techniques.
Supporting our Ground Investigation business, we maintain one of the country’s largest single site Geotechnical Laboratories, UKAS accredited for over 40 test disciplines, which undertakes testing for internal and external projects. The laboratory also maintains our In-Situ testing capability, including CBR and Plate Bearing tests.
Soil Engineering’s greatest resource is our people. Specialists in their field, benefitting from extensive training, expert support, and long term career development through delivering excellent projects for our clients, our people are at the heart of everything we do.
With cultural training and development through our HomeSafe+People programme, support from our in-house Safety, Training and HR departments, and through a tradition of meeting ambition with opportunity, our people bring the best out of each other through working in specialist teams supported by highly experienced Managers.
To complement and strengthen our existing Procurement team, and to oversee our Procurement Strategy, we have a new role for a Procurement Manager to work in our Office in Leeds.
We are looking for a proactive, motivated and enthusiastic individual who is:
- Keen to drive continued change in our market leading business
- Able to bring in new ideas and engage stakeholders to improve our procurement processes so we develop and maintain a collaborative culture with our supply chain and mitigate risks on our contracts
- Assist in ensuring we are a good employer, becoming the client of choice for our supply chain
- Passionate about the environment. A key business strategy for us is to reduce our CO2 emissions by 40% by 2030. This role is key to helping achieve this by inspiring real behavioural change to reduce the impact of our activities on the environment.
- You’ll continue this critical shift in our business, helping us to deliver our commitment of being carbon neutral by 2050.
The role is based in Leeds but there will be travel required to meet our supply chain and to visit our sites.
In return for your expertise, and enthusiasm, we offer a competitive remuneration package including:
- Company Car
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- A Comprehensive Wellbeing Programme
- Employee Perks (Discount programme)
- Professional Membership Support
The detailed Job Description is below:
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide an effective and efficient procurement service for the business.
To action site requirements in a timely & cost effective manner in accordance with Company work instructions.
To ensure we develop and maintain good relationships with our supply chain.
To assist in ensuring the business meets our environmental plan.
Key Tasks, not limited to:
- Manage the department and allocate the contract procurement tasks/ responsibilities
- Developing Sustainable Procurement to ensure we comply with our environmental plan.
- Action indents in Purchasing awaiting database by obtaining quotes, negotiating prices and processing purchase orders
- Liaise with and assist sites on technical, delivery access, vehicle requirements – FORS, Crossrail etc and queries on site.
- Liaise with and assist other departments: Accounts, Plant and Depot, Estimating, Resources, Lab.
- Negotiate plant, material and supplier rates, payment terms and services requirements
- Meet with Suppliers – build relationships / negotiate rates / payment terms /KPI’S / Preferred supplier agreements
- Researching new suppliers/ promoting innovation.
- Helping Accounts and site with order queries / COINS assistance
- Attend contract start up meetings
- Drive the development/ improvement of the Procurement management systems/ processes, supplier & subcontractors database.
- Attend and implement actions from Vinci purchasing club (quarterly) where applicable
- Supplier visits to audit, check capabilities / standards / range of products, services
- Mentoring and developing direct reports.
- Development of COINS O/A – Procurement
- Implement and update procurement strategy to ensure continuous improvement.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Good understanding of supply chain logistics and management, including systems.
- Good interpersonal skills to liaise with suppliers, subcontractors and sites via phone/ Teams.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft office, database maintenance and reporting.
- Excellent administration skills, including filing, typing, photocopying, scanning.
- Good understanding of written English and good standard of letter writing.
- Workload varies from general routine jobs to tasks carrying responsibility and requiring good planning and organisation, use of one’s own initiative, good knowledge and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Good customer-service focus and a professional approach.
- Essential to provide support to others as and when required, therefore flexibility and excellent organisation/ forward planning necessary
- Needs to be a team player.
- Experience/awareness of the construction industry would be an advantage.
- Preferable for previous experience managing others (both direct and indirect reports).
- Ideally, CIPS qualified.
- Working knowledge of COINS is preferable
Physical Working Environment:
The role will be full time, 37.5 hours a week over 5 days, with travel to suppliers, sites and Regional Offices as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent