Senior Quantity Surveyor – Coatbridge
Soil Engineering are a long established leader in the UK Geotechnical Sector. Delivering both Ground Investigation and Drill and Grout services from three bases across the country, we are capable of undertaking a wide range of investigative and remediation techniques.
Supporting our Ground Investigation business, we maintain one of the country’s largest single site Geotechnical Laboratories, UKAS accredited for over 40 test disciplines, which undertakes testing for internal and external projects. The laboratory also maintains our In-Situ testing capability, including CBR and Plate Bearing tests.
Soil Engineering’s greatest resource is our people. Specialists in their field, benefitting from extensive training, expert support, and long term career development through delivering excellent projects for our clients, our people are at the heart of everything we do.
With cultural training and development through our HomeSafe+People programme, support from our in-house Safety, Training and HR departments, and through a tradition of meeting ambition with opportunity, our people bring the best out of each other through working in specialist teams supported by highly experienced Managers.
To complement and strengthen our existing Commercial team, we have a new role for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work in our Office in Coatbridge.
We are looking for a proactive, motivated and enthusiastic individual who is:
- Keen to drive continued change in our market leading business
- Focused and responsive
- You’ll continue this critical shift in our business, helping us to deliver our commitment of being carbon neutral by 2050.
The role is based in Coatbridge but there will be travel required to visit our sites.
In return for your expertise, and enthusiasm, we offer a competitive remuneration package including:
- Company Car
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- A Comprehensive Wellbeing Programme
- Employee Perks (Discount programme)
- Professional Membership Support
The detailed Job Description is below:
To complement and strengthen our existing team, we are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team, based from Coatbridge.
The successful candidate will assist our Site Investigation/ Grouting business by providing commercial support to ensure contractual entitlement is recovered, manage risks and opportunities, and that projects are forecasted and reported accurately.
- Preparing Cost/ Value flow forecasts for projects in liaison with Operations including assessment of risks and opportunities
- Preparing, submitting and negotiating interim and final accounts including cash collection to maximise cashflow
- Assist in preparation of internal monthly accounts including comparisons to budgets/ reforecasts
- Client liaison/ attendance at meetings
- Commercial and operational support to ensure contractual notices are complied with
- Close working relationship with Operations to ensure early identification and resolution of commercial/ performance issues
- Dispute Resolution including identification and preparation of variations and claims
- Assist in monitoring and maintenance of programmes with Operations
- Ensuring adequate records are kept
- Procurement, payment and management of subcontractors
Knowledge and Experience required:
- The successful candidate will have either a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or another relevant qualification with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in Site Investigation/ Grouting would be an advantage.
- A working knowledge of various forms of contract, incl ICC, NEC, and ICE
- Negotiation skills/ influencing skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good communicator and team player
- Strong IT skills including Accounts Systems
- Experience of working for a Contractor in a busy, fast paced environment.
Physical Working Environment:
Office based in Coatbridge, but will spend time on sites, throughout the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, life assurance, and flexible benefits such as additional holiday purchase.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent