Senior Quantity Surveyor
To complement and strengthen our existing team, we are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team, based from Leeds.
The successful candidate will assist our Site Investigation/ Grouting business by providing commercial support to ensure contractual entitlement is recovered, manage risks and opportunities, and that projects are forecasted and reported accurately.
- Preparing Cost/ Value flow forecasts for projects in liaison with Operations including assessment of risks and opportunities
- Preparing, submitting and negotiating interim and final accounts including cash collection to maximise cashflow
- Assist in preparation of internal monthly accounts including comparisons to budgets/ reforecasts
- Client liaison/ attendance at meetings
- Commercial and operational support to ensure contractual notices are complied with
- Close working relationship with Operations to ensure early identification and resolution of commercial/ performance issues
- Dispute Resolution including identification and preparation of variations and claims
- Assist in monitoring and maintenance of programmes with Operations
- Ensuring adequate records are kept
- Procurement, payment and management of subcontractors
Knowledge and Experience required:
- The successful candidate will have either a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or another relevant qualification with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in Site Investigation/ Grouting would be an advantage.
- A working knowledge of various forms of contract, incl ICC, NEC, and ICE
- Negotiation skills/ influencing skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good communicator and team player
- Strong IT skills including Accounts Systems
- Experience of working for a Contractor in a busy, fast paced environment.
Physical Working Environment:
Office based in Leeds, but will spend time on sites, throughout the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, life assurance, and flexible benefits such as additional holiday purchase.