Soil Engineering Geoservices Ltd. are specialist geotechnical contractors carrying out ground investigation, foundation and specialist geotechnical work for the construction industry.
Our most valuable asset, our employees, along with other stakeholders and third parties, have to live and work within the environment. As a result of this, we recognise the importance of our environment and the right of future generations to an environment in which they, in turn, can sustain an adequate quality of life.
Combining skills of geotechnical and environmental engineering, we make a positive contribution to improving the environment. We further recognise our responsibility to conduct day to day activities and operations with due consideration for environmental issues.
To underline our commitment to continually improving our environmental performance, we have established an environmental management system that meets the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001: 2015.
Soil Engineering Geoservices Ltd. comply with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations, approved codes of practice and furthermore co-operate fully and maintain open relationships with all regulatory authorities and other interested parties.
As contractors we:
- Wherever possible and appropriate, use construction methods, equipment and techniques that minimise the impact on the environment whilst fulfilling contractual obligations – this includes a commitment to preventing pollution.
- Aim to minimise the waste of materials, resources and energy and dispose responsibly of any waste products arising from our activities.
- Protect the environment by procuring materials from sustainable sources where possible
- Seek to influence other contractors and clients in environmental matters.
As designers we:
- Design with the efficient use of materials, resources and energy held in mind.
- Where appropriate seek to influence clients and other designers in areas where solutions could be adopted that are more environmentally considerate.
As employers we:
- Consistently seek to increase the awareness of employees and sub-contractors of our aim to conserve and, where possible, enhance the environment.
Further to the above, we develop and regularly review environmental objectives and targets which are monitored to measure commitment to continually improving our environmental performance. The forum for reviewing these is during the management review.
This policy, which is reviewed annually, is communicated to all employees and persons working on our behalf, is displayed at all of our offices and sites and is made publicly available to interested parties via our websites.
We've moved our rig certification system off paper, and into a new digital interface. Keeping information at our cr… https://t.co/4Jn4jEGYgm