Health and Safety Policy
Soil Engineering Geoservices Ltd. are specialist geotechnical contractors carrying out ground investigation, foundation and specialist geotechnical work for the construction industry.
We believe the companies’ most valuable asset is its employees, who along with other stakeholders and third parties have the right to work in a safe environment. We are also committed to ensure that the highest possible standards of health and safety are achieved in our operations.
To underline commitment to continually improving health and safety performance of these companies, a health and safety management system has been established that meets the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 and other associated standards that the company subscribes to.
Soil Engineering Geoservices Ltd. comply with all applicable health and safety legislation, regulations, approved codes of practice. Furthermore we co-operate fully and maintain open relationships with all regulatory authorities and other interested parties.
Consequently we shall:
- Fully comply with our legal, other and moral obligations in respect to our business activities and endeavour to follow, and lead, industry best practice.
- As far as is reasonably practicable, eliminate hazards, reduce and control our health and safety risks to our employees and others who may be affected by our works and associated activities.
- Ensure suitable and sufficient resources are given to manage the health, safety and welfare of our employees and others under our control across all levels of the business.
- Provide a documented health and safety management system that clearly indicates its intent, outlines the responsibilities of its employees and provides safe systems of work. This management system shall be regularly reviewed and updated when required.
- Take all reasonable steps to provide a safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work related injury or ill health to our employees or other third parties who may be affected by our works.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Provide all employees with suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training to enable them to carry out their given tasks safely.
- We actively seek participation where practicable, including consulting and communicating with employees and where they exist, workers’ representatives and other interested parties on matters relating to their health and safety.
- Set and regularly review health and safety objectives and targets (risk and opportunities), which are monitored to measure commitment to continually improving our health and safety performance and management system.
This policy, is reviewed annually, is communicated to all employees and persons working on our behalf and is displayed at all of our offices and sites and is made publically available via our websites.