Lead Rotary Percussive Driller – Drilling and Grouting
Soil Engineering are a long established leader in the UK Geotechnical Sector. Delivering both Ground Investigation and Drill and Grout services from three bases across the country, we are capable of undertaking a wide range of investigative and remediation techniques.
Supporting our Ground Investigation business, we maintain one of the country’s largest single site Geotechnical Laboratories, UKAS accredited for over 40 test disciplines, which undertakes testing for internal and external projects. The laboratory also maintains our In-Situ testing capability, including CBR and Plate Bearing tests.
Soil Engineering’s greatest resource is our people. Specialists in their field, benefitting from extensive training, expert support, and long term career development through delivering excellent projects for our clients, our people are at the heart of everything we do.
With cultural training and development through our HomeSafe +People programme, support from our in-house Safety, Training and HR departments, and through a tradition of meeting ambition with opportunity, our people bring the best out of each other through working in specialist teams supported by highly experienced Managers.
Following a period of growth, we are looking for experienced Rotary Percussive Drillers who are proactive, motivated and enthusiastic, to join our Drilling and Grouting Operations team, delivering work to clients throughout the UK.
As part of a Grouting crew, you will work on construction sites across the UK, undertaking physically demanding work in all weathers.
In return for your expertise, and enthusiasm, we offer a competitive remuneration package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A Comprehensive Wellbeing Programme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Employee Perks (Discount programme)
Your role will be to manage the safe and efficient operation of a drilling rig and associated activities, including to supervise, assist and direct the Assistant Driller and Grouting Operative in undertaking their duties, whilst maintaining full responsibility for the rig and work area.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Competent operation of a selection of drilling rigs, including pre-start check and essential maintenance.
- Safe loading and unloading of drilling rigs from wagons.
- Safe movement of drilling rigs over rough terrain.
- Set-up and de-rig of drilling rigs in standard locations (flat and level).
- Competent use and knowledge of drilling systems
- Undertaking grout pressure testing of boreholes.
- Install basic monitoring equipment (standpipes).
- Experience in undertaking angled boreholes.
- Experienced in undertaking mine shaft treatment / drilling from safety platforms.
- To understand specific drilling instructions given on site and carry them out efficiently to enable the borehole to be drilled in a timely manner and on program
- To be able to work safely in varying site conditions ranging from open fields, highways, railways, airports to contaminated and sites, to a defined health and safety management system.
It is essential that Candidates have:
- NVQ L2 in Land Drilling
- valid CSCS card
- Full UK Driving Licence
Previous work experience within the construction Industry is essential. Experience of living and working away from home would be an advantage. Must be willing to learn and be flexible in terms of work and location. For Health & Safety reasons and site requirements applicants must be aged 18 years or above.
The job will involve frequent travel to sites throughout the UK, and will involve working/lodging away from home.
A project we were involved with for a decade. That shaped the careers of everyone who worked on it. Ground investig… https://t.co/A8Opkfzdnr