Lead Rotary Percussive Driller – Drilling and Grouting
Following a period of growth, we are looking for experienced Lead Rotary Percussive Drillers, to join our Drilling and Grouting Operations team, delivering work to clients throughout the UK.
Based from Leeds, as part of a Grouting crew, you will work on construction sites across the UK, undertaking physically demanding work in all weathers.
Your role will be to manage the safe and efficient operation of a drilling rig and associated activities, including to supervise, assist and direct the Assistant Driller and Grouting Operative in undertaking their duties, whilst maintaining full responsibility for the rig and work area.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Competent operation of a selection of drilling rigs, including pre start check and essential maintenance.
- Safe loading and unloading of drilling rigs from wagons.
- Safe movement of drilling rigs over rough terrain.
- Set-up and de-rig of drilling rigs in standard locations (flat and level).
- Competent use and knowledge of drilling systems
- Undertaking grout pressure testing of boreholes.
- Install basic monitoring equipment (standpipes).
- Experience in undertaking angled boreholes.
- Experienced in undertaking mine shaft treatment / drilling from safety platforms.
- To understand specific drilling instructions given on site and carry them out efficiently to enable the borehole to be drilled in a timely manner and on program
- To be able to work safely in varying site conditions ranging from open fields, highways, railways, airports to contaminated and sites, to a defined health and safety management system.
It is essential that Candidates have an NVQ L2 in Land Drilling, and a valid CSCS card and a Full UK Driving Licence.
Job will involve frequent travel to sites throughout the UK, and will involve working/lodging away from home.
In return we offer competitive rates of pay and benefits.
We've moved our rig certification system off paper, and into a new digital interface. Keeping information at our cr… https://t.co/4Jn4jEGYgm